- The Women’s or Men’s tour, regardless of the number of tennis matches played each day, allows knowledgeable players to place bets on a daily basis and identify multiple value bets.
- Men’s tennis consists of three levels ATP, Challenger and Futures tours, each of which plays a key role in the tennis system.
- The ATP or Association of Tennis Professionals is the main organization for men’s professional tennis. Although a completely independent organization, the ATP is accountable to the International Tennis Federation.
- The International Tennis Federation controls and oversees the running of major tournaments. ATP originated in 1972 when there were several ruling organizations in tennis, but in 1990 they all merged under ATP.
- The ATP, like the WTA tour, is based on a ranking of player points over a 12-month period. The number of points you get depends on the tournament you are playing in. For example, in an ATP 250 tournament, the winner can win 250 points, but in Grand Slam tournaments such as Wimbledon, the winner can win up to 2,000 points.
- Points earned from tournaments remain for a year, after which they must be defended or canceled. The world’s first racket is determined by the number of points scored in a 12-month period, the rank is updated every week. The ATP tour hosts 4 of the most prestigious Grand Slam tournaments during the year, 9 Masters, 13 ATP 500, 39 ATP 250 and an ATP final tournament at the end of the year.
- The “Challenger” tour is the second level of professional tennis, with players in the ATP rankings below 80th place. Successful performance on the Challenger keeps new players on the big ATP tour.
- In the event of a failed ATP season, the player has every chance of regaining strength on the Challenger tour. The Futures Tour is the lowest level, but it is very active and regular – more than 600 tournaments around the world all year round.
- The highest level in women’s tennis is the WTA. The organization was created in 1973 by the biggest tennis star of the time, Billy King. Similar to ATP. WTA is also a rank in which points are ranked over a 12-month period.
- There are 4 Grand Slam tournaments, Premier level tournaments, as well as international and WTA 125k series tournaments on the WTA tour. Tournaments are run from January to November on all of these tours, so there are plenty of opportunities to place bets.
Tennis value bets
Creating a betting strategy or system takes time and patience, but as with any sport, there is a very important rule in tennis betting only if it has value. Tennis value bets mean looking for bets whose outcome is much more obvious than the odds show.
The two players have played several games against each other, in which Djokovic has won convincingly lately. Bookmakers predict a victory for Djokovic with a odds of 1.50, or a tennis player has a 66.67% chance of winning. Preliminary research shows that in principle, Djokovic has a 75% chance of winning. The value of the bet can be determined by a simple calculation -1.
Continuing with the example above, the odds ratio for Djokovic is 1.50, but we believe that the chances of a tennis player winning are at least 75%. The result of the calculation of the formula is 0.125. The value of a rate is when the result of the calculation is above zero, so this can be considered to be the value rate.