Saucedo-Fredrickson to top June Vegas card

Alex Saucedo will face Sonny Fredrickson in a 10-round junior welterweight bout June 30 in Las Vegas at a venue to be determined, Saucedo’s manager, Sam Katkovski, told ESPN.

A source at promoter Top Rank also confirmed the matchup, which was originally scheduled for April 25 on the Naoya Inoue-John Riel Casimero undercard but was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Katkovski said Saucedo-Fredrickson will serve as the main event of next month’s card.

Saucedo (29-1, 19 KOs), who challenged for the WBO junior welterweight title in November 2018, when he was stopped in seven rounds by Maurice Hooker, will be making his 2020 debut. His last outing was a first-round knockout of Rod Salka in November.

Katkovski hopes Saucedo fights a few more times this year.

“It all depends on our partners at ESPN and our promoter, Top Rank,” Katkovski said. “If their schedule continues to have this many dates, we’ll go again in the fall, I hope, if Alex comes out clean and healthy. Then we can come back with a much bigger fight, maybe against Arnold Barboza or someone like that. I think this would be a great fight for Alex, something along those lines.”

Saucedo, who lives in Oklahoma City, has been in Los Angeles since last week working with trainer Pedro Neme at Churchill Boxing Club.

Fredrickson (21-2, 14 KOs) lost a majority decision to Samuel Teah in his most recent fight in November.

Source Link